Pages

Monday, December 14, 2015

Good-Bye Little Buddy



My daughter rescued Sammy as a puppy.  She assured us that he was a Chihuahua, but it was obvious to everyone that he was not.  He grew to be a medium small dog.  He was a funny looking little guy with a long body, short legs, and a lab looking head and coat.  He was no show dog but we loved him dearly.  He spent the last four or five years of his life here with us on the farm, which he greatly enjoyed.  He had the gentlest disposition and the most soulful brown eyes that you have ever seen.  He alternately terrified or was terrified by our cat, depending on his mood that day.  He was a fierce protector of his home, but he didn’t like guns and he was terrified of thunder.  When a storm came it was into the house and under the bed.  He would be waiting for me outside the kitchen door every morning so he could have a special treat, and he, in company with our Catahoula, followed me around the farm all day so we could keep each other company.  Sammy passed away last Saturday from congestive heart failure at the age of eleven.  I cried like a baby when he didn’t come for his morning treat and I found him laying in the front yard.  He was a good little dog with a gentle soul.  Run and play in heaven little buddy.  I love you, and I will miss you.



No comments: